Denim skirts are versatile and timeless pieces that never go out of style. They can be dressed up or down, making them a staple in every wardrobe. However, knowing how to wear a denim skirt can be tricky. In this comprehensive guide, we will take a closer look at the various styles of denim skirts and provide tips on how to style them.
Denim skirts, also known as jean skirts, are a staple in any wardrobe. Its versatility allows you to generate a multitude of looks that adapt to any event or meeting, so if you want to know the best outfit with a denim skirt, you have arrived at the ideal place! Casual, informal, chic, beach, sports or even bohemian outfits are possible thanks to this very comfortable item of clothing, so if you want to look extraordinary with your denim skirts all year round.
How to Wear a Short Denim Skirt
What are the best combinations with a denim skirt if I have mini denim? We explain how to wear this fresh and comfortable garment both in winter and summer so that you can design your favorite outfits.
Short denim skirt with sneakers
Short denim skirt looks with trainers are perfect for a casual meeting or for an informal outing, since it is a comfortable outfit (but no less elegant for that reason) that, depending on how you want to see yourself, you can wear with shirts, t-shirts, sweaters or even with a blazer. We show you an example of a sure hit!
Short denim skirt with a heel
If you want to bet on a more sophisticated look and your denim garment is an asymmetric, frayed or ruffled denim skirt, bet on combining it with sandals or heels. Pair this option with blouses with puffed sleeves, transparencies, classic-cut shirts or blazers and you will get a stylish and very elegant day or night look.
Short jean skirt with boots
Boots or ankle boots are often the big stars when it comes to combining a denim skirt. There are many styles of footwear that will allow you to create great outfits regardless of whether you need something for winter or for summer. Bet on black ankle boots if you want to achieve a more formal look or brown boots if you prefer a more casual outfit.
How to Wear a Long Denim Skirt
Long denim skirts are perfect to wear with boots or heels, since they are the key element to achieve a comfortable but more sophisticated and elegant outfit than in the previous sections. Get a feminine and effortlessly groomed look with the following combinations with a long denim skirt:
It doesn’t fail; the classic outfit with a long jean skirt is ideal to stylize your figure and achieve an elegant combination without breaking your head too much. If it’s summer, you can opt for a black or navy blue t-shirt or shirt, and for some open heels that add a little more originality to the look. If it’s winter, change the shirt for a turtleneck and bet on boots or ankle boots.
If you want to take advantage and create an outfit with a denim skirt for a more casual outing, we recommend that you bet on white trainers or with a little more color to contrast a little with the color of the skirt, which will capture the most attention. Choose a sweater or a t-shirt to wear inside the skirt and, if you feel like it, add a belt to the outfit that matches the shoes or an accessory.
Vintage and daring outfit
Do you want something more versatile and groundbreaking? If the answer is affirmative, we suggest you combine your long denim skirt with boots or high-heeled ankle boots and with a more daring upper part. Bet on blouses with a pronounced or open neckline, on transparencies or on a leather jacket that adds a more feminine touch to the look. Do you want more information on How to achieve a vintage look?
How to Wear a Black Denim Skirt
The black denim skirt is perfect for creating sophisticated looks, modern looks or rock looks, since it is a very versatile garment that, in addition, can gain elegance in black.
The most elegant
How to wear a black denim skirt for a formal outing? If you want to achieve the most careful and classic result, do not hesitate to combine the skirt with a white shirt (or black for a total look) and comfortable heels. You can accompany this combination with a black or gray blazer or a biker jacket, depending on the look you prefer!
The most rocker
Bring out your most rocker side with a black denim skirt and dare to combine it with black military boots (or with sports shoes, if you want to be more comfortable). For the upper part, from oneHOWTO we suggest you break a little with the monotony of black with a white t-shirt or with more colorful motifs. Finish your outfit with a biker and… dazzle!
The most comfortable
Bet on a striped, polka dot or more or less colorful shirt, depending on what you want to achieve. If you want a more sober outfit, we advise you not to leave white, black or ochres and browns, but if you want a more summery and fun look, dare with more color!
How to wear a denim skirt in winter
As we have already pointed out, the denim skirt is a safe bet at any time of the year, thanks to its versatility and its wide range of possibilities. Get the most out of it during winter with the following possible combinations.
With a sweater or turtleneck
Sweaters are the great allies of denim skirts in winter, so we recommend you bet on maxi-sweaters whether you want to combine a long or short skirt. Another wonderful option is a tight-fitting high-necked t-shirt to further stylize your figure, a more successful outfit perhaps for more formal outings. In any case, do not let winter stain you with dark colors and dare to combine your denim skirts with some of your favorite bright colors.
With stockings and boots
Whatever you wear on top, in winter you can combine your denim skirt with thick tights and ankle boots to keep warm. This combination will allow you to be very comfortable without having to give up style. And if you want something more fun and original , bet on colored tights!
How to wear a denim skirt in summer
Denim skirts in summer are the perfect option to generate any outfit, since their freshness is ideal to propose from the most casual summer looks to those that require more sophistication. Take note:
Denim skirt with white
There are mainly two of the freshest and most casual options if you are wondering how to combine a denim skirt in summer, but the most classic and subtle of all is this, combining your skirt with a white blouse or t-shirt. If you are preparing for a more informal meeting, choose a white t-shirt or top and, when putting on your shoes, cool sandals or comfortable sneakers. If you want a more elaborate and formal look, choose a more elegant blouse and sandals with some heels.
Colored jean skirt
Summer is the best time of the year to bet on colors, so if you are going to meet friends or someone special, nothing better than accompanying your blue or black jean skirt with a colorful and fresh top or t- shirt . We show you some options!
Choosing the Right Denim Skirt
Before you can start styling your denim skirt, you need to choose the right one. There are several styles of denim skirts, including mini, midi, and maxi lengths, as well as different cuts, washes, and embellishments. Here are some tips to help you choose the right denim skirt for your body type:
- If you have a pear-shaped body, look for a denim skirt that flares out at the bottom, such as an A-line or a full skirt.
- If you have an hourglass figure, look for a denim skirt that hugs your curves, such as a pencil skirt or a fitted mini skirt.
- If you have a straight body type, look for a denim skirt that creates the illusion of curves, such as a wrap skirt or a skirt with ruffles or pleats.
- If you are petite, opt for a mini or midi-length denim skirt to avoid overwhelming your frame.
- If you are tall, you can pull off a maxi-length denim skirt, but make sure it fits well and doesn’t drag on the ground.
Casual Looks with Denim Skirts
Denim skirts are perfect for casual, everyday looks. Here are some tips on how to style a denim skirt for a laid-back look:
- Pair a denim mini skirt with a graphic t-shirt and sneakers for a casual, cool look.
- For a bohemian vibe, wear a flowy maxi denim skirt with a loose blouse and sandals.
- Tuck a plain t-shirt into a denim midi skirt and add a denim jacket for a double-denim look.
- Wear a denim pencil skirt with a simple tank top and sandals for an effortless yet chic look.
Dressy Looks with Denim Skirts
Denim skirts can also be dressed up for more formal occasions. Here are some tips on how to style a denim skirt for a dressy look:
- Pair a denim mini skirt with a blouse and heels for a night out.
- Wear a denim pencil skirt with a blazer and pumps for a work-appropriate look.
- Opt for a midi-length denim skirt with a silk blouse and heels for a wedding or other formal event.
- Wear a maxi-length denim skirt with a cropped top and strappy sandals for a summer evening out.
Accessories for Denim Skirts
Accessories can make or break an outfit, and denim skirts are no exception. Here are some tips on what accessories to pair with a denim skirt:
- Add a belt to a high-waisted denim skirt to cinch in your waist and create a more defined silhouette.
- Wear a statement necklace with a plain t-shirt and denim skirt to dress up a casual look.
- Add a scarf or hat to a maxi-length denim skirt for a bohemian vibe.
- Pair a denim skirt with ankle boots or over-the-knee boots to add some edge to your outfit.
- Denim Skirt Do’s and Don’ts
Here are some general do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when styling a denim skirt:
- Do tuck in your shirt to show off the waistline of your denim skirt.
- Don’t wear too much denim in one outfit. If you’re wearing a denim skirt, avoid wearing a denim jacket or shirt at the same time.
- Do pay attention to the length of your denim skirt. Make sure it is appropriate for the occasion and fits well.
- Don’t wear a denim skirt that is too tight or too short. It can look unflattering and inappropriate.
- Do experiment with different styles, cuts, and washes of denim skirts to find the one that suits you best.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match your denim skirt with other pieces in your wardrobe to create new and exciting outfits.
Denim skirts are a wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. By choosing the right denim skirt and pairing it with the right accessories, you can create a variety of stylish looks that are perfect for any occasion. Whether you prefer a casual, laid-back look or a dressy, sophisticated look, a denim skirt can be a versatile and timeless addition to your wardrobe. So go ahead and experiment with different styles and have fun creating your own unique look with a denim skirt!