Are you afraid to line your eye? Can you ever get both eyes to look the same? Learn how to make the perfect eyeliner in four easy steps.
The eyeliner is an essential makeup basic in our vanity bag . A good eyeliner completely changes the shape of the eyes.
It is, without a doubt, the perfect ally to achieve a beautiful and deep look that enlarges your eyes. But getting it right the first time is not as easy as it seems. It takes technique and a lot of practice. Be patient!
There are different types of eyeliner:
Eye pencil : If you are looking for a more blurred result, it is preferable that you use an eye pencil. Draw a fine line at the top of the eyelashes and then blend it. It is also perfect for those who are not looking for a very precise and marked line.
Cream or gel. It consists of a small container with the cream or gel product. The best way to apply it is to use a fine brush with a beveled tip that will allow you to make a harmonious and balanced line.
Liquid eyeliner. It is the most comfortable format and the one that best slides over the eyelid. The best thing is that it has a fine tip that gives you room to correct the stroke if you make a mistake, and allows you to draw the shape you want more easily. We also recommend that it be shaped like a marker because it will be much easier to handle and grip.
Eyeliner in four easy steps
First, draw the corner of the eye. To do this, draw a diagonal line from the end of the eye towards the eyebrow. Currently, there are eyeliners on the market with a “stamp” tip to make the corner. It is enough to place the tip where we want to draw the tail and that’s it! It has the ideal shape to make it perfect.
Join the corner with the upper lash line.
Draw a fine line at the top of the eyelashes, from the inside out, and connect it with the corner. You can outline the entire eye or half, at the height of the pupil, outwards. In this last way, you will get a more open and natural look.
Finally, to achieve a heart-stopping result, curl your lashes and apply a bit of mascara.
Frequent errors and tricks
Discover what are the most frequent mistakes that we all make when applying eyeliner:
1. Stretch the eyelid. When applying eyeliner, it is very common to pull the end of the eye towards the temple. Although at first glance it may seem that in this way we will be able to outline the eye with greater precision and ease, it is not so. When we stop stretching the eye and it returns to its usual shape, the line we have drawn will be shortened and distorted, having to paint it again.
2. Paint from the inside out. The first brushstroke is always thicker than the rest. For this reason, expert makeup artists recommend not starting to outline the eye from the part closest to the nose.
3. Drawing too thick an outline. The line should be fine and close to the lashes with a harmonious and balanced line. If you later want to thicken it, you will only have to mark it a little more. Although always carefully, otherwise you will achieve a result that is too artificial.
4. Correct with biphasic make-up remover. If the eyeliner has not turned out as expected or you make a mistake, do not resort to biphasic make-up remover to try to fix it. These types of products have an oily base that smears makeup. Finally, you will be forced to completely remove your makeup to fix the mess.
To prevent this from happening, soak a cotton swab in micellar water or make-up remover milk to precisely erase just what you need and not ruin the rest of your makeup. You can also fix it with the help of a fine brush and a bit of concealer. Do not despair, the key to getting a perfect eyeliner is in practice and patience.
5. Continue painting to fix a badly drawn line. If you don’t get a perfect stroke the first time, don’t continue painting over the already marked line to try to fix it. In this way, they will only be able to thicken it. It is better to start over.
One trick is to first draw a fine line flush with the eyelashes with eyeshadow or a soft pencil , almost without squeezing anything, and then go over it with liquid eyeliner .It will serve as a guide and will help us to make the line with the eyeliner much more precise.
To control the pulse, professional makeup artists recommend placing the little finger on the cheek during application.